Broadcasting and Literary “Events of Note”, Maybe?
It's a broadcasting milestone and…a literary event of some notoriety… The 500th episode of The Simpsons airs the weekend of February 19; every Simpson's title sequence chalkboard gag is posted for us to read on the web! I am (descriptor omitted for reasons of psychological import) to say that, yes, I read every one. For your edification (and probably a deeper look into my mental processes than you’d like to have) I offer a few that I found, um, noteworthy:
- Beans are neither fruit nor musical.
- Daylight savings is not a bank.
- I did not see Elvis.
- I will not bite the hand that feeds me Butterfingers.
- The president did it is not an excuse.
- I will not defame New Orleans.
Yup, read them all for yourself http://thefw.com/simpsons-chalkboard-gags/