Where Would You Go On Your Boat?
Have you ever fantasized about getting away from it all? Last night, a friend and I were trying to figure out where we would go if we had a yacht, unlimited funds and a year to travel the world. Where would you go?
Do you ever dream like that? Question the unfairness of not being born an independently wealthy world traveler? Well, don't let reality ruin a good time. In our minds, we had the Travel Channel buy us a big old boat and provide unlimited funds for us to host a travelogue. I mean, who wouldn't watch that?
So here's where our incredibly twisted, yet creative minds took us:
- Coconut Rum
- Blue skies and blue water as far as the eye can see
- Ocean breezes
- Foreign ports
- Mingling with the locals
- Picturesque seaside towns
- Dancing in the streets during Carnival in Rio
- Sipping our way through the vineyards in Tuscany
- Fun little out of the way markets and bazaars where you can pick up art and jewelry for pennies on the dollar
- Cheering on soccer games with the locals
- Visiting Stonehenge
- Touring castles in Ireland and stopping at every pub along the way
- Re-enacting 'Family Vacation' and driving around the traffic circle in London pointing out Big Ben and Parliament
- A private tour of the Spanish Riding School followed by the running of the bulls
- Going to the red light district in Amsterdam
So how did we do? Is there anything you would add to the list?