Bossier City Lays Down New Street Performer Laws
If you are a street performer looking to cash in on some of the events at Bossier City's new East Bank District, there are some new rules on the way you need to know about. An ordinance set to be introduced during the March 5th Bossier City Council meeting would establish new regulations regarding live performers in the newly renovated East Bank District.
According to the Shreveport Times, the proposed rules would be:
- No performer shall perform within 10 feet of any bus stop, street corner or the outer edge of any entrance of any business.
- Performers cannot use knives, swords, torches, flames, axes, saws or any other object that can cause serious bodily injury.
- Performers cannot use speakers, microphones or mechanical amplification devices.
- Performers cannot solicit donations verbally or in writing; however, a box or musical case may be left open to indicate that donations will be accepted.
- Performers must obtain a performance permit by applying at the Bossier City Police Department.