Louisiana Hunting Tax Free Weekend — September 7 – 9 [VIDEO]
Hunters and campers pay no sales tax on ammo and supplies this weekend. This is a chance to save especially if you have been planning a big purchase such as an off-road vehicle like an atv or side by side. There are some restrictions, though.
The tax free weekend applies to a wide range of supplies, including:
- Shotguns, rifles, pistols, revolvers or other handguns
- Ammunition intended to be fired from a gun or firearm
- Accessories designed to be used for hunting
- Apparel such as safety gear, camouflage clothing, jackets, hats, gloves, mittens, face masks and thermal underwear for use while hunting
- Off-road vehicles such as all-terrain vehicles designed for hunting.
The tax free weekend DOES NOT include to golf carts, bikes, motorcycles, tractors, or motor vehicles that may be legally driven on highways. Click here for more details about eligible and not eligible items and other exceptions to this tax free weekend.