Now that Independence Day has come and gone, it's time to get back to real life. During the celebrations, most people probably finished off any fireworks during the final throws of July 4th, but what should you do if you have some leftover?

The short answer, get rid of it.

Storing fireworks for long periods of time can make them unstable. They may not spontaneously explode in your garage, but they might not behave correctly when you try to light them in a few months to a year. What once was a cone that shot out a cascade of sparks for thirty seconds could turn into a cardboard bomb if it gets damaged or is stored for too long.

So how should you dispose of any unused fireworks?

According to this report from KNWA in Northwest Arkansas, a good soak is the first way to make a safe disposal.

More From KISS Country 93.7