Will You Take the 21 Day Anxiety Challenge With Me, Shreveport?
It's 2023 and everything is bigger, faster, stronger... Instead of going home and enjoying our families, so many of us are staying plugged into school, work, and social media... Isn't it time we took care of our mental health and unplug a bit more? I sure think so!
It's been a goal of mine to work on being more mindful, spiritually, physically, and financially. The first step for me was to stop letting the monkeys in my head run rampant... They'll run amok if you let them, trust me, I know!
A friend of mine on Facebook posted a 21-Day Anxiety Challenge from a blog called Love + Marriage and a Baby Carriage and it got me thinking about my own personal growth. A lot of our 'goals' matched up, so I'm sharing their list, but I've also made some additions of my own at the end!
Spend 20 minutes outside.
Color a page in a coloring book.
Write down five things you are grateful for.
Play loud music and dance.
No social media day.
Take a long bubble bath.
Ten minutes of meditation.
Do your favorite cardio exercise for 20 minutes.
Go to bed early.
Start a good vitamin regimen.
Snuggle an animal.
Look up Hygge and learn more about it.
Try a relaxing essential oil blend.
Make a stress ball.
Pick a time of day that will be just for you.
Do something you are good at.
Make a list of your anxieties.
Comment on each anxiety with something you can do to calm it.
Start the happiness challenge!
While I agree with pretty much all of these, even though I had to look up Hygge, I have a few of my own I'd like to add.
- Organize something, a drawer, a closet, your pantry. It'll leave you feeling accomplished!
- Take a yoga class! I have to get back to this myself. I haven't in a while, but I highly recommend the gentle yoga with meditation class offered at Empower Yoga in Benton.
- Take a nap, just because!
- Do something for someone else, whether it's volunteering at a local shelter or just helping out a colleague at work, you gain more when you give.
- Foster an attitude of gratefulness and acknowledge your blessings daily. I know that's listed for day three above, but I try to do this daily.
- Tell your loved ones how much you love them.
- Handwrite a personal note.
- Get a mani/pedi
- Lastly, tend to your relationships. A simple text to tell someone you're thinking of them!
Will you take the 21-Day Anxiety Challenge with me? Let me know and we can cheer each other on! Shoot me a message using our free app or send me an email at email@example.com.