Did Anyone in Louisiana Win Mega Millions Jackpot?
Again there is no winner for the top jackpot in the Mega Millions drawing from Tuesday night. This whopper of a jackpot will now top the $1 billion dollar mark. The Mega Millions has climbed to $1.02 billion dollars with the lump sum cash option at $602.5 million.
It is the 4th largest lottery jackpot ever in the United States. But it will likely surpass the 3rd highest jackpot of $1.05 billion Mega Millions which was won in January of 2021.
There were 9 tickets matching 5 numbers in the drawing. They are each worth $1 million except for one purchased in Ohio that had the multiplier and is worth $3 million. The other $1 million dollar tickets were purchased in California, Florida, Illinois, New Jersey (2), Ohio and New York (2).
I will continue hunting for some big ticket items, including cars, exotic vacation houses and so much more. A girl can dream.
Here’s a list of the top 20 prizes from the multistate games: Powerball and Mega Millions:
1. $1.586 billion Powerball January 13, 2016. There were 3 winning tickets for this prize. These tickets were purchased in Tennessee, Florida, and California. Each had the option to take a lump sum of $327.8 million.
2. $1.537 billion Mega Millions October 2018. There was one winning ticket purchased in South Carolina. The ticket was sold at a KC Mart convenience store in the town of Simpsonville. This is the largest single-ticket jackpot in U.S. history.
3.$1.05 billion Mega Millions January 2021. There was one winning ticket sold in Michigan.
4. $1.02 billion Mega Millions jackpot is up for grabs on Friday, July 29, 2022.
5. $768.4 million, Powerball won by a single ticket in Wisconsin. Cash: $477 million.
6. $758 million, Powerball won August 24, 2018, by Mavis Wanczyk of Massachusets. She chose the lump sum payment of $480 million.
7. $731.1 Million Powerball jackpot won by a single ticket in Maryland.
8, $699 Million Powerball won October 2021 by one winning ticket in California.
9. $687.8 million, Powerball won Oct. 27, 2018. There were two winning tickets. One in Iowa and another in New York.
10. $656 million, Mega Millions, won March 30, 2012, by three tickets, sold in Maryland, Illinois and Kansas. Cash: $471 million
11. $648 million, Mega Millions, won Dec. 17, 2013, in Georgia and California. Cash: $347.6 million.
12. $632 million Powerball is won on January 5, 2022 by two tickets (California and Wisconsin).
13. $590.5 million, Powerball, won May 18, 2013, in Florida. Cash: $370.9 million.
14. $587.5 million, Powerball, won Nov. 28, 2012, by two tickets, sold in Missouri and Arizona. Cash: $384.7 million
15. $564 million, Powerball jackpot was won by one ticket in New Hampshire in the drawing on Saturday, January 6, 2018.
16. $559.7 million Powerball, A single ticket was sold at Reeds Ferry Market in Merrimack, NH. The winning ticket holder wants to remain anonymous.
17. $543 million Mega Millions. There was one winning ticket sold in California in the July 2018 drawing.
18. $536 million Mega Millions, a single ticket was sold in Indiana on July 8, 2016.
19. $533 million Mega Millions jackpot is won in March 2018 by one ticket in New Jersey.
20. $530 million Mega Millions is won on June 7, 2019 by one ticket in California.