Top Things to Do Before Your High School Reunion
With high school reunions approaching for many, here are some of the top things you can do to make sure everything goes well and you have a great time!
If you're like me, you're quite a bit different now than how your classmates might remember you. With that, you might have a bit of anxiety. Will people still see me as a wallflower? Jock? Mathlete? How will you measure up to your former peers? Are you a winner or a loser in the game of life? Why do you even care?!?!?
With my own reunion coming up this Saturday, I decided to do a little research regarding what we can do to ensure our reunions go off as planned.
1. Make sure you have a sober way to and from the event. Plan ahead now.
2, Plan your outfit. Don't wait until the last minute to try and figure out what to wear. If you're like me, you'll end up in tears because you can't close the zipper on the little black dress that fit loosely before the pandemic.
3. Get your hair cut. I'm not talking about going for a whole new style, but make sure you've trimmed up that neck or given your 'do a trim to shape things up. Don't forget to take care of those stray grays!
4. Have your 'Post-It' note story ready to go. I'm not encouraging you to make up a story like they did in the movie, Romy and Michele's High School Reunion. You should always be honest, but you'll also need some small talk ready to go just in case.
5, Let bygones be bygones. You really can't hold a grudge over that silly crush from that long ago, can you? Do you even remember why you were mad? Leave it in the past where it belongs.
6. Meet up with former classmates prior to the event. If you're feeling anxious, this will help you feel more comfortable.
7. Participate. Just because you were the last one picked in gym, if the reunion has ice breakers or other games, don't act like you're too cool for the room. Unless they do the Hokey Pokey. That's where I draw the line.
8. Hydrate. Your skin will look great and you'll be better able to tolerate alcohol.
9. Diet, I mean, if you want to. I didn't want to, so I didn't. Love me or hate me, this is me, warts and all!
Do you have any tips for getting ready for a reunion or big event? Let us know!