Your Advice to This Year’s Louisiana High School Graduates
Over the next couple of weeks, seniors all over Northwest Louisiana will finally get to make that walk during their respective graduation ceremonies.
With ceremonies scheduled for Bossier Parish Schools on May 13 and Caddo Parish Graduations scheduled to begin on May 16, it won't be long until the Seniors of 2023 have all turned their attention to the next phase of their young lives.
For some of these graduates, it's just their last memory of high school. They'll soon begin college and the education continues.
For others, unless their vocation requires some type of classroom learning, they will have spent their last day in the school house.
Regardless of their choice of more education or immediate vocation, they really have no idea of what's to come, so now's the time they could really use some great words of advice as their embark on the next phase of their life.
Of course, the best advice doesn't sound like someone read it from a Hallmark card. It comes from the heart. A life lesson that someone else learned the hard way. And if this senior is intuitive enough to adhere to the advice, it could save them from a lot of heartbreak.
When we asked our listeners for their advice to this year's crop of graduates, we got some real nuggets! So Seniors, you'll want to pay attention. This could be just what you need to set you on your path.
- If you take a picture of it and post it online, it is there FOREVER!
- Take responsibility for your actions. Be forthcoming and own up to your mistakes
- Don't consider this the end. It's only the beginning. Yes, this is probably your biggest accomplishment so far, but you'll have so many more in the future. Marriage, children, grandchildren, etc.
- Remember, it's NEVER about YOU! It's ALWAYS about how YOU can help others
- NEVER get a credit card. If you can't pay cash for something, try to save up for it until you can pay cash
- It's easier to live with the sting of failure, than the pain of regret for not trying
Congratulations to all our graduates! Life is what you make it, so make it one worth living!