What Is Your Go-to Dish When Going to a Potluck?
I have so many friends who constantly ask me to cook simply because they “can’t cook” and “just not good at it no matter how hard I try”. It’s true, there are some recipes out there that require a whole lot of talent, but Chef Carlos Villapudua said it best “Anyone can cook if they can read”. If you go to Pinterest and type in a couple of ingredients you will probably get 974 different ways to cook those ingredients together.
Sometimes you just need a quick easy recipe that doesn’t make you hike up a mountain to find a baby mountain lion’s tears of joy. Remember that recipe that made you go from store to store trying to find nuts you had never heard of? Robin the Intern was sick of making this delicious banana pudding for me that I would claim as my own recipe when I would take it as my contribution to family events. Robin the Intern shared her go-to banana pudding recipe.
To make Robin the Intern’s Banana Pudding you’ll need:
- 1 Can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 8 oz Package of Cream Cheese
- 1 Large Box of Banana Pudding
- 2 Cups of Whole Milk
- 1 Container of Cool Whip
- 1 Box of Vanilla Waffers
- Bundle of Banana’s (No more than 4, add as much or as little as you prefer)
- Let the cream cheese come to room temperature
- Mix the cream cheese
- Add condensed milk, vanilla pudding mix, and milk to the cream cheese
- Once all the ingredients are mixed together evenly, add the cool whip.
- Get a 13 x 9 pan, layer the wafers, bananas and mix. (Should make 2-3 Layers.)
- Put the banana pudding in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Then make sure you don’t forget it on the way to your event or pot luck!
What is your go-to crowd pleasing dish? Feel like sharing your recipe with us? We would love to try it. Post it in the comments below!