The CPSO is Collecting Food for the Food Bank of NWLA
With Thanksgiving approaching, the Caddo Parish Sheriff's Office wants to make sure no one in our area goes without a meal!
Did you know the Food Bank of Northwest Louisiana serves over 75,000 people across seven parishes? That's a lot of people who are food insecure and if you feel like I do, no one in a country as wealthy as ours should ever have to worry about where their next meal is coming from. Unfortunately, that's not the way it is.
With that being said, the Caddo Parish Sheriff's Office is collecting non-perishable food items throughout the month of November to make sure no one goes to bed hungry. Items they are looking for include canned meat, peanut butter, dried beans, rice, pasta, canned vegetables, canned fruit, cereal, oatmeal, flour, and sugar.
They've made dropping off donations easy, with several locations across the parish which are listed below. If you'd like to find out more, call the Caddo Parish Sheriff's Office at (318) 681-0666.
- Caddo Correctional Center, 1101 Forum Drive;
- CPSO Programs/ Detectives, 1501 Corporate Drive;
- Patrol Administration, 4910 N. Market Street;
- Sheriff’s Safety Town, 8910 Jewella Avenue;
- Caddo Courthouse/ Tax Department, 501 Texas Avenue;
- Government Plaza, 7th floor, 505 Travis Street; or
- Caddo 911 Communications, 1144 Texas Avenue;
Give thanks by giving back! Happy Thanksgiving!