Shreveport’s 10 Most Clicked Food Stories Of 2020
As we wrap up 2020, we have a lot to look back on. With many people calling this past year the hardest year of their life.
The year 2020 will be remembered as a difficult year for many, mainly centered around the COVID-19 pandemic. There are multiple ways the pandemic has influenced lives. From illness to loss of loved ones, to unemployment and lockdowns, the pandemic has touched everyone.
The last few months have brought very few positives (unless of course you're Jeff Bezos, Elon Musk, or another billionaire) for the US. The 2020 Presidential election couldn't escape the pandemic either. It became a focal point of the election process, with President Trump even testing positive for COVID-19.
Now that we've reached the end of the year, we're looking back at 2020, and the biggest stories of the year. But we're not choosing the biggest stories of the year, you are. Actually, you already have.
We have gone through thousands of news stories from 2020, and which ones you clicked on the most. Millions of clicks across half a dozen Shreveport-Bossier sites have brought us the results.
For this category, we're only looking at Food related stories from the year. These are stories that deal mostly with restaurants. From some restaurants closing their doors due to COVID restrictions, to new spots opening up. There was a lot that happened in 2020.
So with all of that in mind, here are Shreveport's 10 Most Clicked Food Stories Of 2020:
10. This Was One Of Shreveport's First Bars To Get A Special COVID Food Permit
9. COVID Restriction Related Closures Hit Restaurants Hard, Like This Bossier Store
8. It Wasn't All COVID News, Like This Health Inspection Story From Shreveport
7. This New Whataburger Menu Item Got A Lot Of Attention In September
6. Taking Items Off The Menu Also Gets Attention, Like Taco Bell Learned
5. When A Restaurants Went Above-And-Beyond, They Got Recognized
4. Sadly, Closures And Layoffs Were Common In 2020, Like Logan's Roadhouse
3. People Love Buc-ee's, But Not Because It's A Gas Station, It's What's Inside
2. Some Restaurants Had Starts-and-Stops In 2020, Like Golden Corral
1. A Familiar Shreveport Face Opened A New Restaurant To Rave Reviews