It’s Time ! Shreveport and Bossier Will Party Tonight for Night Out
Every year across the country, neighbors gather together on the first Tuesday in August for National Night Out which promotes police-community partnerships.
However, the first Tuesday in August, no one around our neck of the woods wants to spend any more time outdoors than necessary, so local leaders made the decision a number of years ago to move the local events to a time when temperatures were a little more accommodating.
That time is now! Tonight, from 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm, Shreveport and Bossier along with scores of other cities will celebrate "National Night Out" with neighborhood block parties!
Bossier Sheriff Julian Whittington says of the event, "National Night Out is designed to heighten crime and drug prevention awareness and strengthen partnerships between our neighbors and law enforcement. I encourage residents to hold block parties, cookouts, or other outdoor activities to help build strong relationships with their neighbors and get to know the deputies who patrol their area.”
While I was unsuccessful locating lists of block parties scheduled tonight in Shreveport and Caddo Parish, I was able to find that a number of Bossier Parish neighborhoods have already indicated they'll hold block parties to celebrate the evening including the following:
- Rosedale - At the clubhouse
- Dogwood - At the clubhouse
- Woodlake - At the boat launch
- City of Haughton - Joe Delaney Park
- Willow Lake - 102 Willow Lake Boulevard
- Dogwood North - Pine Haven Circle
- Magnolia Chase - Peartree Circle
- Mayflower Community - 162 Cane Bend
- Woodlake South - 4804 Carolyn Circle
- Riverwalk - Buckhall - 30 Riverwalk
- Sterling Ranch - #12 Sterling Ranch Road
- Cypress Point - 312 Twin Point Drive
- Lake of Cottonwood - 234 Stillwater Place
Let's have fun tonight and get out and meet your neighbors and local law enforcement! You never know when that friendship you develop tonight might just be the one that saves your life or property.