Discovering Tomorrow’s Leaders – Week 5 [PHOTOS]
Chesapeake Energy Corporation celebrated the outstanding leadership skills of local Plantation Park Elementary School student Erin Molineaux on Friday by donating $1,000 in needed equipment and supplies to her school. Congratulations Erin!
Chesapeake’s Discovering Tomorrow’s Leaders contest awarded its fifth winner in Bossier parish, and as a result, Chesapeake donated two iPads to Plantation Park Elementary School in Erin's name. Erin is also eligible for the grand prize drawing of one of Chesapeake’s brand new laptop computers at a special awards banquet in April.
Erin, an 11-year-old student at Plantation Park Elementary School, was recognized for her service and leadership qualities within her school and community.
Erin was surprised during her Language Arts class at Plantation Park Elementary School where Jennifer Voisin, Chesapeake’s Manager – Corporate Development, spotlighted her accomplishments and announced the $1,000 in equipment and supplies the school would be receiving.
Erin is actively involved in 4-H Club, Triple A Club and Pink Ponies Club, where they donated toiletries and tissues to Providence House. She is also a member of the Running Club and a 4-H cheerleader. Erin was the School Spelling Bee champion and is always willing to volunteer. She often helps with the younger children, teachers and support staff in her school.
Erin was selected from more than 175 nominations and judged by the Alliance for Education on qualities of leadership, character, volunteerism and a sense of community. Caddo Parish’s winner for week five of the program will be awarded on March 23, 2012.
- Two students (one each from Caddo and Bossier parishes) will continue to be recognized every week for the next three weeks.
- Each winning student’s school will receive $1,000 in needed equipment or supplies.
- All 16 students will be recognized at an awards banquet in April.
- During the banquet, a drawing will be held and four lucky students will receive new, fully-equipped laptop computers.
- Eligible students are members of 4-H Clubs, FCA or any non-profit 501c(3) community service organization in Caddo or Bossier parishes.
Nomination forms are due each Monday by 5 p.m. to the Alliance for Education and can be found in The Shreveport Times, Bossier Press Tribune and online: