5 Stylish Ways to Upgrade Your Home with Metalwork
Many people think of the durability and energy efficiency of metal roofs, but metalwork also offers a vast array of color and design options that can upgrade your curb appeal or provide the perfect barndominium or outbuilding.
After we saw a few designs we loved, we turned to our friends at AMARK Metals to curate some of the best ideas for using metal to make your home feel more like home.
1) Upgrade your roof and add a fresh color. In 2019, we'll see popular roof choices in everything from earth tones to dark black and gray, according to AMARK Metals. Replacing a roof can offer an 80 percent return on investment (or more!) when you sell your home. AMARK Metals offers 19 colors and styles and manufactures your custom roof within 48 hours of order placement.
Here are a few before and after looks:
2) Add a boat lift roof or patio cover. It's an attractive way to provide protection from the elements. WeatherXL and WeatherXL Crinkle Finish are particularly popular right now, offering a two-coat system that provides "strong resistance to scratching, chalking, fading, and weathering," according to Valspar's website.
3) Consider a shop or outbuilding. AMARK Metals and its sister company, Ark-La-Tex Shopbuilders, use modern post-frame construction, which are both durable and attractive.
4) Add a man cave or she-shed. If you need more space for personal projects, a metal addition or a separate building can offer the dedicated space and furnishing for hobbies.
5) Convert a barn or outbuilding into livable space. From Fixer Upper to Pinterest, barndominiums have gotten plenty of attention for breathing new life into older buildings. Quality custom metal can be a great way to maintain the character of the original structure while providing a durable, beautiful finish.
Have a project in mind? Call AMARK Metals or visit their website to get started.