5 Reasons Why Maren Morris Is My Soul Sister
Maren Morris Released a new music video for "Drunk Girls Don't Cry". I had to take a double take, is that me in the music video? I sing along at the top of my lungs and have a lot of hand movements whenever I'm at a concert. Considering the fact that I have yet to see Maren in concert I know for sure it isn't me. I just about blew out the speakers in my office. It's the closest I've ever felt to being at a concert without actually being there. How does Maren Morris know what I need when I need it?
I'm convinced Maren Morris is my soul sister. Here are 5 reasons why:
1. She understands the importance of stopping and catching the moment. Shut up and smile for the picture, I'm trying to catch this memory in the making!
2. We can't help our Resting B!*$# face. No I didn't just catch the smell of something gross. I can't help it that this is my face!
3. Find a good man, make him your teammate. I don't need no man I'm an independent woman! However, my dog does need a good father figure around, and I'll cheer you on in your career, if you cheer me on in mine.
4. Daddy said church is a must, and we still mind him. Remember when Maren Morris took us to church at the 50th Annual CMA's? Her parents were her biggest fans there, and to call them "proud" of their baby is an understatement. I was singing as if I belonged to that church choir she took on stage. Sing it sisters!
5. She's going to give it to you straight. "Drunk Girls Don't Cry" was written because we all need that reality check when we are stuck on homeboy who is a jerk. I'll sugar coat it the first time, but after that, I'll list the facts because I love you. Baby girl you deserve better!