2018’s List of Dumb Excuses For Being Late to Work [LIST]
Let me guess, "My dog ate my schedule" is on the list? Wait, it really is??
This is one of my favorite articles I've stumbled across lately, so I knew I had to share it with you.
CareerBuilder.com and PR Newswire ran a story highlighting the nature of being late to work, and broke it down in a variety of ways.They found that 25% of us are late at least once a month, and 12% said they're late at least once a week. 37% of people between 18 and 44 are late at least once a month, compared to just 14% of people over 45.
They also listed the dumbest excuses workers gave to their employers after they arrived late.
Here are some highlights.
1. "My coffee was too hot, and I couldn't leave until it cooled down."
2. "My fake eyelashes got stuck together."
3. "I was here, but I fell asleep in the parking lot."
4. "morning sickness." An excuse given by a GUY!
5. Their astrologer told them there would be an accident on the highway. So they took back roads the whole way, and showed up an hour late.
6. "It was too cold out."
7. "Drove to my old job"
8. "My dog ate my work schedule."