We Lose An Hour Sunday When Daylight Saving Time Begins
Daylight Saving Time begins this Sunday, March 9 at 2 am. Well, actually there isn’t a 2am. We skip straight from 1:59 to 3:00, but you know the drill.
We SPRING forward, so Saturday night before bed, set your clock AHEAD by one hour and you’ll be on time. Course, it means we “lose” an hour of sleep. Or if you work first shift, you actually work an hour less.
That got us thinking about that "lost" hour. What if you could actually pick "the hour" you wanted to lose? Just look back through your life and pick an hour you wish had never happened and POOF it was gone? Wouldn't that be awesome?
Course, I've had several, so choosing could be a little more of a challenge than I thought.
- The time I asked a female friend of mine when her baby was due, only to be told “Gary, I’m not pregnant. I’m just fat.”
- Any trip I've ever made to the DMV
- The time the preacher told my middle son he was going to steal his ear and my son responded “I’ll kick you in the (crotch)”
- The time I thought I could use telephone “lineman” spikes to climb a pine tree
- My senior English final in high school
- The day I tried to eat all my Easter candy at one sitting
- The time I poked a stick in this odd looking hole in the ground only to discover it was a hornet’s nest
What hour in your past would be the one you’d like to lose?