Unspoken Rules of Mardi Gras Parades
This is something that we all need to discuss. The unspoken or more like the secret rules of Mardi Gras parades. We are preparing for some of the best parades on the Ark-La-Tex so it's important that we all follow the rules that help us have the most fun. I walked around the office and asked my co-workers who are seasoned Mardi Gras Parade Veterans for their best advice on parades.
Here is what they had to say:
- If the beads touch the ground DON'T put them around your neck. Party Gravy is all over the street.
- A tarp on the ground means keep on walking and find another place to put your tarp down. You should have gotten up at 5 am too.
- Make a Target! Do you want the loot? Make people on the floats notice you. Give them a target. Get creative with it! (A garbage bag taped onto a big poster board is the best.)
- Rent a kid! If you want ALL THE THINGS a sweet little child will always get the good things thrown their way. If you're the uncle or aunt, rent a nephew or niece.
- Don't show up along the parade route at 4:00 p.m. and try and encroach upon someone who has been camping out for that spot since 6:00 a.m.
- Accept the fact that you need to plan ahead. Showing up late means you completely miss out on all the fun!
What are some unwritten rules that we need to discuss? Tell us about it in the comments below.