Toledo Bend Again Named Best Bass Fishing Lake in America
Just in case you didn't realize just how great the bass fishing is at Toledo Bend, everyone else in America does! Toledo Bend is the best in America again this year!
For the first time in history, "The Bend" has retained its Number One ranking in BassMaster's 100 Best Bass Lakes.
According to BassMaster Magazine's editor, James Hall, this is a pretty extensive survey.
“More than three months of research went into this year’s rankings. Hall noted that the initial pool of top fisheries was developed with input from B.A.S.S. Nation members across the country, state fisheries biologists, the 3,500-member B.A.S.S. Council and some of the 650,000 Facebook fans of B.A.S.S. Then, we scoured the Internet for current catch-rate data, using the results of more than two dozen tournament organizations and several state ‘lunker’ programs to narrow the field to 100. It’s a brutal process, but the results give bass anglers the ultimate bucket list of lakes for 2016. Our panel of judges who finalized the rankings were absolutely blown away by the production of Toledo Bend the past 12 months. The lake has yielded 139 certified bass over 10 pounds with a 14.15-pounder topping the list. Plus, a 38-pound limit and countless limits in the 30-pound range have been weighed in during tournaments over the past year."
According to the magazine, here's how the Top 10 stacked up in regards to bass fishing:
The Top 10 In The Nation
1. Toledo Bend, Texas/Louisiana [185,000 acres]
2. Santee Cooper lakes, Marion and Moultrie, South Carolina [110,000 acres and 60,000 acres, respectively]
3. Clear Lake, California [43,785 acres]
4. Lake Erie, New York [30-mile radius from Buffalo]
5. Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta, California [1,100 square miles]
6. Mille Lacs Lake, Minnesota [132,000 acres]
7. Lake Berryessa, California [20,700 acres]
8. Rodman Reservoir, Florida [13,000 acres]
9. Falcon Lake, Texas [83,654 acres]
10. Lake St. Clair, Michigan [430 square miles]
See more about this and the Top 25 Lakes from each region at BassMaster.com