Shreveport Volunteers Need Your Help For Storm Ravaged Communities
Storms and tornados ravaged the south on Friday and early Saturday. The violent system destroyed whole communities and left many without homes or power close to the holidays. Shreveport Volunteer Network is asking for the publics help in order to make life a little easier for those affected by the huge storm system.
"We are looking for 100 Volunteers Needed! Donation Drop Off Location: 8924 Jewella Ave, Shreveport, La Drop Off Times: 10 am - 2pm December 13th - December 24th (excluding Sunday’s)"
SVN are asking the public to drop off badly needed items as well as volunteers, to help out in any way possible. They have sent a detailed list of items needed the most to help combat the misery being experienced by the people who have lost everything.
- Water and non-perishable food items
- Eating utensils
- Pet foods of all kind
- Tents and sleeping bags
- Electric heaters
- Baby supplies of all kind
- Gas generators and extension cords
- Protein bars and beef jerky
- Contractor bags
- Towels, soaps, toothbrushes, and toiletries
- Children's toys
- Over-the-counter medications of all types
- Jackets, sweatshirts, socks, and other warm clothing items
- Yellow caution tape
- Duct tape and electrical tape
- Plastic totes
- Work gloves
Monetary donations can be made via the Shreveport Volunteer Network Website. Anything our community can do to help will be greatly appreciated.