Powerball Fever Rages Across Louisiana
This Powerball fever is really getting crazy. Everyone I have talked to over the past few days has been discussing what they will do if they win it big. And I can tell you this morning, there is no big winner for $1.2 billion dollars. This means the jackpot for Saturday night now climbs to $1.5 billion. The onetime, lump sum payoff would be $745.9 Million.
Here Are the Winning Numbers:
2 11 22 35 60 23
The $1.5 billion dollar prize is the 2nd largest Powerball jackpot in history and the 3rd largest lottery jackpot ever. And it is easily closing in on the biggest jackpots in history and will probably climb to the top between now and Saturday.
There is 1 ticket worth $100,000 purchased in Louisiana and 2 tickets worth $50,000 in the state.
Here’s a list of the top 20 prizes from Powerball and Mega Millions:
- $1.586 billion Powerball January 13, 2016. There were 3 winning tickets for this prize. These tickets were purchased in Tennessee, Florida, and California. Each had the option to take a lump sum of $327.8 million.
- $1.537 billion Mega Millions October 2018. There was one winning ticket purchased in South Carolina. The ticket was sold at a KC Mart convenience store in the town of Simpsonville. This is the largest single-ticket jackpot in U.S. history.
- $1.5 billion, Powerball is up for grabs on Saturday, November 5, 2022.
- $1.337 billion Mega Millions, July 29, 2022 one winning ticket in Illinois.
- $1.050 billion Mega Millions ($776.6 million cash)was won by the Wolverine FLL Club of Oakland County, Michigan in January of 2021.
- $768.4 million, Powerball won by a single ticket in Wisconsin. Cash: $477 million.
- $758 million, Powerball won August 24, 2018, by Mavis Wanczyk of Massachusetts. She chose the lump sum payment of $480 million.
- $731 million, Powerball, won by a single ticket purchased in Maryland on Jan. 20, 2021.
- $699 million, Powerball won on October 4, 2021 in California. The ticket was sold at an Albertson’s grocery store.
- $687.8 million, Powerball won Oct. 27, 2018. There were two winning tickets. One in Iowa and another in New York.
- $656 million, Mega Millions, won March 30, 2012, by three tickets, sold in Maryland, Illinois and Kansas. Cash: $471 million
- $648 million, Mega Millions, won Dec. 17, 2013, in Georgia and California. Cash: $347.6 million.
- $632 Million Powerball Wednesday, January 5, 2022. Two winning tickets, one in California and one in Wisconsin will split the jackpot.
- $590.5 million, Powerball, won May 18, 2013, in Florida. Cash: $370.9 million.
- $587.5 million, Powerball, won Nov. 28, 2012, by two tickets, sold in Missouri and Arizona. Cash: $384.7 million
- $564 million Powerball was split among 3 winning tickets, one each from North Carolina, Texas and Puerto Rico.
- $559 million Powerball, A single ticket was sold at Reeds Ferry Market in Merrimack, NH.
- $543 million Mega Millions. There was one winning ticket sold in California in the July 2018 drawing.
- $536 million Mega Millions, a single ticket was sold in Indiana on July 8, 2016.
- $533 million Mega Millions, a single ticket was sold in New Jersey for the March 30, 2018 drawing.