Mudbug Madness Festival Begins Next Week, May 23-26 in Shreveport
This year Mudbug Madness celebrates its 30th anniversary of throwing one of the spring's biggest parties...and certainly the ONLY "celebration of Crawfish!" Check out the "30 Reasons to Get Excited for Mudbug Madness" and plan to take in one, or all four, days of all the excitement! And here's a quick guide of things to know when you head that way:
- Mudbug Madness runs from 11am to 11pm each day at Festival Plaza in downtown Shreveport
- Parking in the area gets pretty crazy so take advantage of the FREE shuttle service from Mall St. Vincent and Pierre Bossier Mall Thursday and Friday from 5pm to 11:30pm and Saturday and Sunday from 10:30am to 11:30pm. Shuttles leave from the malls on the hour and half hour and they leave from the festival at 15 minutes after the hour and 15 minutes before the hour
- Admission is FREE until 5pm Thursday and Friday. All other hours, it is $5 per person. Children under 12 are FREE. Military members WITH Identification are also FREE.
- Entertainment this year includes: Dwayne Dopsie and the Zydeco Hellraisers, Thursday from 8:15pm to 11pm. Terrance Simien and the Zydeco Experience, Friday night from 9pm to 11pm. Wayne Toups and Zydecajun Saturday night from 8:30pm to 11pm.
- The Men's Crawfish Eating Competiton is Saturday from 1pm to 2pm
- The Crawfish Calling Contest is Saturday from 5pm to 5:30pm
For any other question you might have, go to MudbugMadness.com