How Illegal Is It To Make Whoopee In Your Car In Louisiana?
For as long as cars have been on roads, a constant trope in storytelling has been romantic scenarios inside them. Think about it, "lovers lane", steamy TV scenes, even horror movies. These scenes are common in stories, because there's some truth to these stereotypes.
There are plenty of people who have had at least one steamy encounter in a motor vehicle. But how expectable is that? Not morally...legally.
Well, in the state of Louisiana, there's a lot of laws that can be applied to this type of behavior. If you find yourself getting too steamy in a car, in a public place, you could face one of many charges...or multiple charges. We looked up the Louisiana laws on it, and it seems like there are a lot of options for you to be charged with something like this:
§220b. Article 120b. Other sexual misconduct; indecent viewing, visual recording, or broadcasting
A. Any person subject to this code who knowingly commits any of the following acts without legal justification or lawful authorization is guilty of an offense under this Section and shall be punished as a court-martial may direct:
(1) Knowingly and wrongfully views the private area of another person, without that other person's consent and under circumstances in which that other person has a reasonable expectation of privacy.
(2) Knowingly and wrongfully photographs, videotapes, films, or records by any means the private area of another person, without that other person's consent and under circumstances in which that other person has a reasonable expectation of privacy.
(3) Knowingly and wrongfully broadcasts or distributes any such recording that the person knew or reasonably should have known was made under the circumstances described in Paragraphs (1) and (2) of this Subsection.
B. Any person subject to this code who compels another person to engage in an act of prostitution with any person is guilty of forcible pandering and shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.
C. Any person subject to this code who intentionally exposes, in an indecent manner, the genitalia, anus, buttocks, or female areola or nipple is guilty of indecent exposure and shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.
D. In this code, for purposes of this Section, unless the context otherwise requires, the following terms shall have the following meanings ascribed herein:
(1) "Act of prostitution" means a sexual act or sexual contact as defined in Article 120(E) of this code on account of which anything of value is given to, or received by, any person.
(2) "Broadcast" means to electronically transmit a visual image with the intent that it be viewed by a person or persons.
(3) "Distribute" means delivering to the actual or constructive possession of another, including transmission by electronic means.
(4) "Indecent manner" means conduct that amounts to a form of immorality relating to sexual impurity which is grossly vulgar, obscene, and repugnant to common propriety, and tends to excite sexual desire or deprave morals with respect to sexual relations.
(5) "Private area" means the naked or underwear-clad genitalia, anus, buttocks, or female areola or nipple.
(6) "Reasonable expectation of privacy" means either of the following:
(a) Circumstances in which a reasonable person would believe that he or she could disrobe in privacy, without being concerned that an image of a private area of the person was being captured.
(b) Circumstances in which a reasonable person would believe that a private area of the person would not be visible to the public.
Acts 2013, No. 303, §1.
So if you ever find yourself in a motor vehicle, out in public, and things are getting hot & heavy, you might want to find a more private spot. Because if you get caught, you might be looking at some serious charges.