DeSoto Parish Sheriff’s Office is Looking for New Employees
It takes a special person to "Serve and Protect" but thankfully our area has been blessed with some of the best in the country.
And now, one of those organizations, the DeSoto Parish Sheriff's Department, is looking to add new employees to the family.
If that sounds like something you would be interested in, they will hold another testing date on Saturday, December 11, 2021 beginning at 9:00 am at the DeSoto Parish Sheriff Training Center at 120 Sprocket Lane in Grand Cane, Louisiana
According to the DPSO website, you'll need to pre-register for the test. Just CLICK HERE to download the hiring packet. Then submit that at the DPSO main office in Mansfield at 205 Franklin Street.
You'll also need to know that testing is only part of DPSO's multiple step hiring process. Applicants will be be screened with a reading and comprehension test, physical fitness assessment, background check, and interview.
Additionally, the DeSoto Parish Sheriff's Office has other important information to know for the process.
- Employment Evaluations are usually announced every two months on our DeSoto Sheriff App, Facebook, and Twitter Pages.
- You will first need to download, complete, and return your hiring packet prior to the testing date above.
Upon arrival, applicants are expected to take a written test consisting of reading, comprehension, and vocabulary.
- Immediately following this test there will be a Physical Assessment (or Physical Fitness Test) for those applying into Corrections and Patrol only.
- Upon completion and examination of written and physical assessments, you may be asked to return for an interview.
- This process applies to everyone, regardless of prior experience or employment with other law enforcement agencies.
Any additional information you might need can be found at dpso.org/employment