Crews Working to Restore Power
Strong storms caused straight-line winds and possible tornadoes across the region Easter Sunday. More than 20,000 SWEPCO customers were left without power.
Crews are working to get the power restored. Swepco Vice President Drew Seidel says
Remember to please give our crews at least six feet of distance if you see them out. We appreciate your patience as we work to get your power flowing again.
The company reports extensive damage to SWEPCO’s power grid – including dozens of downed poles and wires -- has been reported in and around Bossier City, Shreveport, Haughton, and Mansfield.
SWEPCO expects to restore power to 95% of customers by:
· Bossier City – 10 p.m. Monday
· Haughton – 10 p.m. Tuesday
· Shreveport – 2 p.m. Wednesday
· Carthage – 10 p.m. Sunday
· Henderson – 10 p.m. Sunday
· Kilgore – 10 p.m. Sunday
· Longview – 10 p.m. Sunday
· Marshall – 10 p.m. Sunday
· Texarkana – 10 p.m. Sunday