Caddo Coroner Names Teen Southern Loop Crash Victim
SHREVEPORT, LA- A deadly crash on Southern Loop early Thursday morning has claimed the life of a Coushatta teenager. The Shreveport Police department responded to a major accident on Southern Loop around 1:55A in front of Shreveport Fire Station #22.
On Friday, Caddo Parish Coroner Todd Thoma released the name of one of the victims of the crash. 19 year old Nolan Mabile, from Coushatta, Louisiana was killed in the crash.
Investigators say Mabile's vehicle rolled over in the 2000 block of Southern Loop near the SFD station. Mabile was ejected from the vehicle during the crash, and was pronounced dead at the scene.
At one point, two Caddo Parish Coroner's Office vans were observed at the crash site. The accident is still under investigation. The coroner has ordered an autopsy to be performed.
Vehicle Crash Safety Tips
According to IN.gov, here are 5 things all drivers should observe to help minimize the risk of a vehicle accident.
- Buckle Up. Make sure you and your passengers are properly restrained. This is the single most important thing you can do to protect your life and the lives of your loved ones if involved in a motor vehicle crash.
- Never Drive Impaired. Avoid alcohol and drugs if driving. Assign a designated driver.
- Drive Attentively. Avoid the three most common distractions: cell phones, CDs and coffee.
- Drive Defensively. Aggressive drivers take unnecessary risks and often cause crashes.
- Share the Road. Look out for pedestrians, bicyclists, motorcyclists and commercial trucks.
What Are the Worst Intersections in Shreveport?
What Are the Worst Intersections in Bossier City?