Alcohol Enema Leads to Severe Alcohol Poisoning
Your eyes aren't playing tricks on you--the title reads "Alcohol Enema." Why would anyone ever do that? Well, some college kids are actually giving each other alcohol enemas on purpose and it can lead to serious, possibly even deadly results as one fraternity at University of Tennessee has already discovered.
This very dangerous activity known as "butt chugging" caused the hospitalization of a 20-year-old University of Tennessee student over the weekend. Alexander P. Broughton of Pi Kappa Alpha was treated at a Knoxville area hospital for alcohol poisoning. Alexander's blood alcohol level was greater than 0.4 percent.
According to Huffington Post, when campus police walked into the Pi Kappa Alpha house they discovered multiple young men passed out in the house surrounded by empty and partially emptied bags of wine that had been removed from boxes.
Why?! Well, the students figured they could get drunk faster by shooting the alcohol enema style into the rectum. The colon is highly vascular, meaning the alcohol gets into the bloodstream faster. This is an extremely dangerous and unpredictable practice that reportedly nearly killed 20-year-old Alexander P. Broughton who was released from the hospital Sunday after treatment for alcohol poisoning. His fraternity was put on a 30-day administrative suspension by Pi Kappa Alpha International.
[via The Commercial Appeal]