State Fair of Louisiana to Hold Eating Contests For First Time
Looks like it's time to belly up at the State Fair of Louisiana!
For the first time in the 117 year history of the State Fair, big eaters will have their time to shine, as the State Fair of Louisiana will hold several eating contests!
With cash, ribbons and gift certificates going to winners in these events, spectators will also get rewarded with something no one has ever seen at our fair!
Here's the schedule for these four separate eating events which will all be held at the State Fair of Louisiana in Shreveport during this opening weekend of the fair.
- Saturday, October 28 1:00 pm - Swain’s Fine Foods - Pizza Eating Contest
- Saturday, October 28 3:00 pm - Concessions Unlimited – Fried Oreos
- Sunday, October 29 1:00 pm - Alan McKinney Food Services – Corn Dogs
- Sunday, October 29 3:00 pm - Rodney & Lisa Ltd. – Candy Apples
All ages are welcome in each of the four eating contests and for those wishing to compete, the State Fair of Louisiana points out on their Facebook page that you simply have to show up and a maximum of ten contestants will be selected for each event.
The rules appear to be relatively simple to follow:
1. Have Fun! Bring your family and friends to cheer you on!!
2. The declared winner must show their empty mouth to the judges.
3. Cheaters will be disqualified.
4. Any contestant who gets sick is disqualified.
Shreveport's Best Memories Of The State Fair From Long Ago
Gallery Credit: Gary McCoy