Shreveport Best Buy Evacuated Due to Faulty Battery Fire
It was a scary few minutes for shoppers at the Shreveport location of Best Buy yesterday. Just before noon, the back of the store located in the 7800 block of Youree Drive filled up with smoke prompting store officials to immediately evacuate the store.
According to the report from the Ark-La-Tex Homepage, Shreveport firefighters were on scene within approximately 2 minutes of the call. Once there, officers with the Shreveport Fire Department assisted with the evacuation and determined that the smoke and fire were caused by either a faulty or improperly stored battery.
Fire Engine 3 arrived at 11:26 am, and was the first on the scene. In total, nine fire companies showed up and within 3 minutes had the situation under control. Firefighters ventilated smoke from the store and declared it safe to shop in once more.
There were no injuries reported.