Randy Houser’s Upcoming Album, ‘Magnolia,’ Marks a ‘New Era’ for the Singer
Randy Houser is ready to bring his rejuvenated sound to country music with his new album, Magnolia, set for release Nov. 2. Houser shared in a statement that the album feels like a career reboot, as he was able to create music he feels passionate about, marking a "new era."
Houser produced Magnolia—which is named after the official flower of his home state Mississippi—with Keith Gattis, who's worked with the likes of George Strait, Dwight Yoakam, Miranda Lambert and Willie Nelson. Magnolia follows Houser's 2016 album Fired Up, which saw him reach the No. 1 spot on the Billboard Country Airplay chart with lead single "We Went." He's known for hits such as "How Country Feels," "Runnin' Outta Moonlight" and "Boots On."
“This album was a total reset for me in every way possible," Houser reflects. "With the last album, I just didn’t have time to create, and it was obvious that it didn’t all come from my guts. Because of that, the music just didn’t feel as genuine.
“When writing for this new project, I knew the production had to lean on songs and melodies, not a bunch of tricks and loops. That was the catalyst for the album. So, for the past two years we’ve been focused on trying to find a unique sound and trying to best serve the songs.”
Houser offered a first listen into the new project with the release of its first single, "What Whiskey Does" in June of 2018.
Magnolia will be accompanied by a tour of the same name that kicks off Oct. 12 in Porterville, Ca. and continues through December, taking Houser to a number of cities including San Francisco; Las Cruces, N.M.; Atlanta and Philadelphia. The trek also sends him across the globe for three dates in Australia.
Magnolia will be released by Stoney Creek Records on Nov. 2 and is available for preorder now.
Randy Houser, Magnolia Track List
- “No Stone Unturned” (Randy Houser, Dallas Davidson)
- “Our Hearts (feat. Lucie Silvas)” (Randy Houser, Kylie Sackley, Rob Hatch)
- “What Whiskey Does (feat. Hillary Lindsey)” (Randy Houser, Keith Gattis, Hillary Lindsey)
- “Whole Lotta Quit” (Randy Houser, Travis Meadows)
- “No Good Place to Cry” (Randy Houser, Gary Nicholson)
- “New Buzz” (Randy Houser, Keith Gattis, Jeff Trott)
- “Nothin’ On You” (Randy Houser, Jaren Johnston, Tony Lane)
- “What Leaving Looks Like” (Randy Houser, John Osborne, James Otto)
- “High Time” (Randy Houser, Brice Long)
- “Mama Don’t Know” (Randy Houser, Jaren Johnston, Tony Lane)
- “Running Man” (Randy Houser, Jeffrey Steele)
- “Evangeline” (Randy Houser, James Otto )