UPDATE: Powerball Numbers Released After Lengthy Delay
The Powerball numbers have finally been drawn after several hours of delays. The record jackpot has now climbed to $2.04 billion dollars.
The winning numbers are 10-33-41-47-56 and the Powerball was 10.
A big time glitch with the record breaking Powerball drawing Monday night. The drawing has been delayed because of a problem with one state lottery.
Here's What Happened With the Monday Night Drawing:
“Powerball has strict security requirements that must be met by all 48 lotteries before a drawing can occur. When the required security protocols are complete, the drawing will be performed under the supervision of lottery security officials and independent auditors,” the lottery said.
Do we know what state is having troubles? No. In fact, it is against Powerball policy to identify the state lottery that is having a delay.
This jackpot is now the #1 lottery jackpot of all time in the United States at $1.9 billion. The previous record was around the $1.6 billion dollar mark. This current prize started growing at the beginning of August.
Here’s a list of the top 20 prizes from Powerball and Mega Millions:
- $1.9 billion, Powerball results pending for Monday, November 7, 2022.
- $1.586 billion Powerball January 13, 2016. There were 3 winning tickets for this prize. These tickets were purchased in Tennessee, Florida, and California. Each had the option to take a lump sum of $327.8 million.
- $1.537 billion Mega Millions October 2018. There was one winning ticket purchased in South Carolina. The ticket was sold at a KC Mart convenience store in the town of Simpsonville. This is the largest single-ticket jackpot in U.S. history.
- $1.337 billion Mega Millions, July 29, 2022 one winning ticket in Illinois.
- $1.050 billion Mega Millions ($776.6 million cash)was won by the Wolverine FLL Club of Oakland County, Michigan in January of 2021.
- $768.4 million, Powerball won by a single ticket in Wisconsin. Cash: $477 million.
- $758 million, Powerball won August 24, 2018, by Mavis Wanczyk of Massachusetts. She chose the lump sum payment of $480 million.
- $731 million, Powerball, won by a single ticket purchased in Maryland on Jan. 20, 2021.
- $699 million, Powerball won on October 4, 2021 in California. The ticket was sold at an Albertson’s grocery store.
- $687.8 million, Powerball won Oct. 27, 2018. There were two winning tickets. One in Iowa and another in New York.
- $656 million, Mega Millions, won March 30, 2012, by three tickets, sold in Maryland, Illinois and Kansas. Cash: $471 million
- $648 million, Mega Millions, won Dec. 17, 2013, in Georgia and California. Cash: $347.6 million.
- $632 Million Powerball Wednesday, January 5, 2022. Two winning tickets, one in California and one in Wisconsin will split the jackpot.
- $590.5 million, Powerball, won May 18, 2013, in Florida. Cash: $370.9 million.
- $587.5 million, Powerball, won Nov. 28, 2012, by two tickets, sold in Missouri and Arizona. Cash: $384.7 million
- $564 million Powerball was split among 3 winning tickets, one each from North Carolina, Texas and Puerto Rico.
- $559 million Powerball, A single ticket was sold at Reeds Ferry Market in Merrimack, NH.
- $543 million Mega Millions. There was one winning ticket sold in California in the July 2018 drawing.
- $536 million Mega Millions, a single ticket was sold in Indiana on July 8, 2016.
- $533 million Mega Millions, a single ticket was sold in New Jersey for the March 30, 2018 drawing.
The 10 Jobs Most People Wouldn't Do For Any Amount of Money