Marriage ‘Don’ts’ for a Lifetime of Love and Happiness!
Congrats to Craig Wayne McCoy and Blair Elizabeth Currington, two amazing young adults, who are tying the knot tomorrow, Saturday, October 3, 2020, at Los Paloma.
With that being said, we wish the happy couple a long, happy, and healthy life together. However, anyone can give marriage advice, but hindsight is 20/20. You want advice from the folks that have been there and done that!
Here's some advice for the couple that comes from life experience and stepping in 'it' once or twice. Commit these marriage 'don'ts' to memory and you two will just fine!
- Don't ever stop dating.
- Don't keep score.
- Don't ever leave your socks inside out.
- Don't go to bed angry.
- Don't tell your wife to bring you a beer to show off in front of your buddies.
- Don't be a control freak.
- Don't ever miss a chance to say, 'I love you.'
- Don't take each other for granted.
- Don't ever stop growing together.
- Don't fall in love in the wrong room of the house.
- Don't stop praying together.
- Don't ever say that's how/not how my mother did it.
- Don't ever eat the last cookie.
- Don't piss off anyone with access to your toothbrush.
- Don't assume just because he stepped over the laundry basket that he saw it.
- Don't forget your anniversary.
- When she says, 'Do what you want.' DON'T! You may catch a lot of fish but it's not worth it in the end.
- Don't put the tea jug back in the fridge with two swallows left.
- Don't ever mistake marriage for being 50/50 when it comes to effort. It's 100/100!
- Don't forget that he might wear the pants in the family, but she wears the suspenders holding them up.
- Don't forget that what's yours is hers, what's hers is hers, and what's y'alls is hers!
- Don't say anything you can't take back.
- Don't let your alligator mouth overload your canary butt.