Awards Handed Out to NW LA Law Enforcement Officers
Over the past year, we have heard lots of criticism about police. But today, we take a moment to honor some of the best officers in our region.
Acting United States Attorney Alexander C. Van Hook has handed out awards to several law enforcement officers from our region who have gone above and beyond the call of duty to help fight crime in our communities.
These officers or deputies were presented with Meritorious Service Awards in recognition of their outstanding work and leadership in helping reduce crime in our community and in supporting the Project Safe Neighborhoods Initiative.
• Corporal Donald Belanger, Shreveport Police Department;
• Corporal Stacy Coleman, Shreveport Police Department;
• Officer Chandler Cisco, Shreveport Police Department;
• Corporal Rodney Medlin, Shreveport Police Department;
• Sgt. Susan E. Mendels, Shreveport Police Department;
• Corporal William Moak, Shreveport Police Department;
• Corporal Toby Morrison, Shreveport Police Department;
• Detective Jeremy Prudhome, Caddo Parish Sheriff’s Office; and
• Officer Brian Anderson, Greenwood Police Department.
Three state troopers were also honored.
Project Safe Neighborhoods (PSN) is a program bringing together all levels of law enforcement and the communities they serve to reduce violent crime and make our neighborhoods safer for everyone.
PSN is part of the Department’s renewed focus on targeting violent criminals, directing all U.S. Attorney’s Offices to work in partnership with federal, state, local, and tribal law enforcement and the local community to develop effective, locally-based strategies to reduce violent crime.
Click here to find out more about Project Safe Neighborhoods.