5 Things That Guys Need to Have on Their Spring Cleaning Checklist
This Saturday, March 20, is the first day of "Yellow." That's what we call spring around here. It's like Christmas every day for local carwashes. With all the oak and pine tree pollen, nothing stays clean for more than a couple of days, but the calendar does call it Spring.
With that in mind, scores will begin their annual "Spring Cleaning Checklist", but my advice has always been to wait on the outside chores until about May or you wind up having to repeat the process every weekend.
MerryMaids.com lists all the standard things like:
- Wash Baseboards, door ceilings, window sills, doors, and walls.
- Vacuum and wash vents.
- Wash window treatments (drapes, etc.).
- Dust blinds.
- Wash Windows - inside and out
- Dust and shine overhead lights - replace burnt light bulbs.
- Dust and/or vacuum light fixtures and lamp shades.
And MarthaStewart.com reminds us about things including:
- Stain Removal in the garage
- Garage Door - clean and maintain
- Ensure safe keeping (doors and windows are all secure)
- Check batteries - remotes and alarms and such
- Pressure Wash the Patio
Without intending to sound sexist, but having grown up in the south where most of the "inside" work is the woman's and the outside stuff is the guy's, I think that most married guys believe that all the spring cleaning chores are just things their wife needs to get done.
However, there are a great number of "outside" chores that need to get knocked out as well, so I've put together the 5 Things That Guys Need to Have on Their Spring Cleaning Checklist.
Take a look and see how many of these you might have forgotten about.