12 Largest Lottery Jackpots in U.S. History
The Powerball jackpot Is Now 7th largest lottery jackpot in US history.
The talk around the entire nation has been about lottery fever as both the Mega Millions and Powerball jackpots climbed to near record levels.
There was no Powerball winner Saturday night, so the jackpot climbs to $440 million dollars!
If you know me, you know I am obsessed with the Powerball once it climbs to more than $100 million. So how big is this jackpot? It’s now the 7th largest prize in all of the big games.
The Mega Millions jackpot is also on the rise. It has climbed to $343 million for the Tuesday drawing.
Here’s a list of the top prizes from the multistate games: Powerball and Mega Millions:
1. $1.5 billion Powerball January 13, 2016
2. $656 million, Mega Millions, won March 30, 2012, by three tickets, sold in Maryland, Illinois and Kansas. Cash: $471 million
3. $648 million, Mega Millions, won Dec. 17, 2013, in Georgia and California. Cash: $347.6 million.
4. $590.5 million, Powerball, won May 18, 2013, in Florida. Cash: $370.9 million. Record for most cash collected by a single winner.
5. $587.5 million, Powerball, won Nov. 28, 2012, by two tickets, sold in Missouri and Arizona. Cash: $384.7 million
6. $448.4 million, Powerball, for Aug. 7, 2013, drawing, won by 3 tickets, 2 of them in New Jersey, one in Minnesota. Cash: $258.2 million.
7. $440 million, Powerball is up for grabs in the drawing on Wednesday, January 3, 2018. There was no winner in this drawing on Saturday night.
8. $425.4 million, Powerball, won Feb. 19, 2014, in California. Cash: $242.2 million.
9. $430 million, Powerball is up for grabs on Wednesday August 16th since there was no winner in the Saturday night drawing.
10. $414 million, Mega Millions, won March 18, 2014, by 2 tickets, in Maryland and Florida. Cash: $230.9 million.
11. $399.4 million, Powerball, for Sept. 18, 2013, drawing, won in South Carolina. Cash: $223.1 million.
12. $393 million, Mega Millions, won August 11, 2017 by 1 ticket in Illinois. It was sold at Nick’s Barbecue in Palos Heights about 20 miles southwest of Chicago. Cash: $247 million.
If you’ve bought a ticket, good luck to you!