10 Ways to Know You’re from Louisiana
I'm originally from Louisiana. I was born in Baton Rouge, but have lived in Shreveport for more than 35 years. This is now home and I love it here.
In my normal daily activities with work and play, I run into dozens of people who are not from Louisiana. Sometime I have to give them a lesson on what it's like to be a native.
But here's my Top Ten ways to know you are from Louisiana.
1. You can properly pronounce Bossier, Natchitoches, Lafayette,
Opelousas, Shongaloo, Pontchartrain, Ouachita, and you know
that New Orleans doesn't have a long "e" sound anywhere in it.
2. You think people who complain about the heat in their states
3. Little Smokies are something you serve only for special
4. You know cow patties are not made of beef.
5. Someone you know has used a LSU football schedule to
plan their wedding date.
6. You know everything goes better with 'Tony's'.
7. You have parties when there are hurricanes.
8. You get more excited for the mosquito truck than the ice cream truck.
9. You know what "pinch the tail" really means.
10. You know at least one person named Bubba, or T-Boy
What else should be on this list? Am I missing something that really matters?