Tips from BCPD on How to Protect Your Belongings from Burglars
Last week, Technical Sergeant at Barksdale Airforce Base, Joshua Kidd was murdered after he discovered someone attempting to burglarize his car. On Tuesday, it was announced that two teenagers had been arrested for Kidd's murder.
TSgt Kidd's tragic murder once again spotlighted the number of vehicle burglaries that have happened in recent months in Bossier City. The Bossier City Police Department wants to make sure that you take steps to protect your belongings. Take a look at the PSA posted above and the the following suggestions provided by Bossier law enforcement.
- Lock your vehicle, and take your keys.
- Remove items of value from your vehicle, especially items that are in plain view, to include loose coins or electronic items.
- Park in a non-secluded, well-lighted area, if possible.
- Park your vehicle in your garage, and close the garage door.
- Call local law enforcement to report any suspicious people or activity in your neighborhood.
- Install motion sensor lighting to deter would-be burglars.
TSgt Joshua Kidd leaves behind a wife, Alyssa, and a two year-old son, Beckham. You can make a donation here to help his family.