School Performance Scores Are in for Louisiana
New school performance scores are in for Louisiana and the news is not good for too many areas. But Education Superintendent Dr. John White says the way the schools are scored has changed and he expected to see lower scores.
Scores are down in Bossier, Caddo and DeSoto parishes.
Bossier dropped from an "A" to a "B", while Caddo held on to a "C" rating.
The score in Shreveport did drop from 78.2 to 67.2. Bossier and DeSoto fell to a "B" score.
Here are the schools that scored an "A" in Caddo Parish:
C.E. Byrd High School.
Caddo Parish Magnet High School.
Claiborne Fundamental Elementary School.
Eden Gardens Elementary.
Caddo Parish Magnet Middle School.
Fairfield Magnet School.
South Highlands Elementary.
Caddo Virtual Academy
Here are the "A" schools in Bossier Parish:
Stockwell Place Elementary
W.T. Lewis Elementary .
Kingston Elementary .
25 Caddo schools scored an "F"
Twenty-five of the district's 63 schools received an "F" letter grade — an increase from 14 in 2017.
Here's the list of schools showing top gains:
- A.C. Steere Elementary.
- Blanchard Elementary.
- Caddo Parish Magnet High School.
- Caddo Parish Middle Magnet School.
- Caddo Virtual Academy.
- Claiborne Fundamental Elementary School.
- E.B. Williams Stoner Hill Elementary School.
- Eden Gardens Fundamental Elementary School.
- Fairfield Magnet School.
- Judson Fundamental Elementary School.
- North Highlands Elementary School.
- Northside Elementary School.
- Riverside Elementary School.
- Shreve Island Elementary School.
- South Highlands Elementary Magnet School.
- Southern Hills Elementary School.
- Airline High School
- Apollo Elementary School.
- Benton Elementary School.
- Benton High School.
- Cope Middle School.
- Parkway High School.
- Plain Dealing High School.
- Plantation Park Elementary.
- Stockwell Place Elementary.
- Benton Middle School.
- Legacy Elementary School.
- W.T. Lewis Elementary School.
- Kingston Elementary School.
The change this year in the scoring made it more difficult for schools to get an "A". And the standards will keep going up. By 2025, students must achieve mastery on assessments for schools to get the top grade.
Click here to get the summary from the State Education Department.