One Winning Mega Millions Ticket Sold in New Jersey
One ticket was sold in New Jersey in the Mega Millions lottery and is worth $521 million. This is the 10th largest lottery jackpot in history.
I get quite excited once the big prize climbs over $100 million. These triple digit prizes get me all worked up dreaming about fast cars and beach houses.
Here’s a list of the top prizes from the multistate games: Powerball and Mega Millions:
1. $1.6 billion Powerball January 13, 2016
2. $758 million, Powerball won August 24, 2018 by Mavis Wanczyk of Massachusets. She chose the lump sum payment of $480 million.
3. $656 million, Mega Millions, won March 30, 2012, by three tickets, sold in Maryland, Illinois and Kansas. Cash: $471 million
4. $648 million, Mega Millions, won Dec. 17, 2013, in Georgia and California. Cash: $347.6 million.
5. $590.5 million, Powerball, won May 18, 2013, in Florida. Cash: $370.9 million. Record for most cash collected by a single winner.
6. $587.5 million, Powerball, won Nov. 28, 2012, by two tickets, sold in Missouri and Arizona. Cash: $384.7 million
7. $564 million, Powerball jackpot was one by one ticket in New Hampshire in the drawing on Saturday, January 6, 2018.
8. $559.7 million Powerball, A single ticket was sold at Reeds Ferry Market in Merrimack, NH. The winning ticket holder has yet to come forward.
9. $536 million Mega Millions, a single ticket was sold in Indiana on July 8, 2016.
10. $521 million Mega Millions jackpot was sold in New Jersey. The onetime payout cash option is $317 million.
11. $487 million Powerball, winning ticket was sold in New Hampshire on July 30, 2016.
12. $457 million, Powerball winning ticket was sold in Pennsylvania on Saturday, March 17, 2018.
13. $450 million, Mega Millions ticket was sold in Florida for the January 5th, 2018 drawing.
14. $448.4 million, Powerball, for Aug. 7, 2013, drawing, won by 3 tickets, 2 of them in New Jersey, one in Minnesota. Cash: $258.2 million.
15. $447.8 million Powerball had one winner. Jeff Lindsay of California, who bought his Powerball ticket with the funds from a winning scratch ticket on June 10, 2017.
16. $435 million Powerball was won on February 22, 2017. An anonymous ticket holder in Indiana was the single winner.
17. $429.6 million Powerball winner from New Jersey. The ticket was held by the Smith family lottery pool. It was purchased on May 7, 2016.
18. $425.3 million Powerball jackpot was won by B. Raymond Buxton of California on February 19, 2014.
19. $420.9 million Powerball jackpot is won by a group of 20 longtime co-workers in Tennessee on November 26, 2016.
20. $414 million Mega Millions. There were two winning tickets in the March 18, 2014 drawing. An anonymous winner in Maryland and Floridia residents Raymond Moyer and Robyn Collier shared the other ticket.
21. $399.4 million Powerball was won by an anonymous winner in Lexington, South Carolina on September 18, 2013.
22. $393 million Mega Millions ticket was sold at Nick's BBQ in Palos Heights, Illinois to Patricia Busking on August 11, 2017.