Here Are the Largest Lottery Jackpots in US History
No winning ticket in the Powerball drawing on Wednesday night so the prize climbs to $385 million dollars for Saturday night.
If you know me, you know I am obsessed with the Powerball once it climbs to more than $100 million. This latest jackpot puts it at #21 on our list of the biggest jackpots in U.S. history.
Here’s a list of the top prizes from the multistate games: Powerball and Mega Millions:
1. $1.6 billion Powerball January 13, 2016
2. $758 million, Powerball won August 24, 2018 by Mavis Wanczyk of Massachusets. She chose the lump sum payment of $480 million.
3. $656 million, Mega Millions, won March 30, 2012, by three tickets, sold in Maryland, Illinois and Kansas. Cash: $471 million
4. $648 million, Mega Millions, won Dec. 17, 2013, in Georgia and California. Cash: $347.6 million.
5. $590.5 million, Powerball, won May 18, 2013, in Florida. Cash: $370.9 million. Record for most cash collected by a single winner.
6. $587.5 million, Powerball, won Nov. 28, 2012, by two tickets, sold in Missouri and Arizona. Cash: $384.7 million
7. $564 million, Powerball jackpot was one by one ticket in New Hampshire in the drawing on Saturday, January 6, 2018.
8. $559.7 million Powerball, A single ticket was sold at Reeds Ferry Market in Merrimack, NH. The winning ticket holder has yet to come forward.
9. $536 million Mega Millions, a single ticket was sold in Indiana on July 8, 2016.
10. $487 million Powerball, winning ticket was sold in New Hampshire on July 30, 2016.
11. $450 million, Mega Millions ticket was sold in Florida for the January 5th, 2018 drawing.
12. $448.4 million, Powerball, for Aug. 7, 2013, drawing, won by 3 tickets, 2 of them in New Jersey, one in Minnesota. Cash: $258.2 million.
13. $447.8 million Powerball had one winner. Jeff Lindsay of California, who bought his Powerball ticket with the funds from a winning scratch ticket on June 10, 2017.
14. $435 million Powerball was won on February 22, 2017. An anonymous ticket holder in Indiana was the single winner.
15. $429.6 million Powerball winner from New Jersey. The ticket was held by the Smith family lottery pool. It was purchased on May 7, 2016.
16. $425.3 million Powerball jackpot was won by B. Raymond Buxton of California on February 19, 2014.
17. $420.9 million Powerball jackpot is won by a group of 20 longtime co-workers in Tennessee on November 26, 2016.
18. $414 million Mega Millions. There were two winning tickets in the March 18, 2014 drawing. An anonymous winner in Maryland and Floridia residents Raymond Moyer and Robyn Collier shared the other ticket.
19. $399.4 million Powerball was won by an anonymous winner in Lexington, South Carolina on September 18, 2013.
20. $393 million Mega Millions ticket was sold at Nick's BBQ in Palos Heights, Illinois to Patricia Busking on August 11, 2017.
21. $385 million Powerball prize is up for grabs on Saturday March 10th.